Sunday, March 4, 2012

I finally got out of my house after ages and ages and went to watch the Iron Lady. It's a good movie, and Meryl Streep is brilliant as usual. It's also pretty neutral in tone, so even if you hate her guts (Thatcher I mean), it's very watchable.
Personally, while I really like how she's one of those rare "strong" women in history, I don't agree with a lot of things she said and did, and definitely not with some of her economic policies. I'm certainly not conservative in my beliefs and that makes me biased - though I can't claim that her policies didn't work at the time. But I could say the same for Indira Gandhi whose life would be equally good as a biopic in the hands of a good director.

On the bright side, I now only have 20 or so more movies left to go before the end of spring break. 

No comments:

Post a Comment